➤ Arrival in Tynda
➤ Moskovskiy railway station
➤ Legendary Road Labourer Monument (Steam Locomotive ЕА-3246)
➤ “Molotkastiy & Serpastiy” Monument
➤ BAM 25th Anniversary Monument
➤ BAM History Museum
➤ Troizkiy Cathedral
➤ Transfer to the train station
➤ Departure for Severobaikalsk
It is an important railway junction, informally referred to as the capital of the Baikal-Amur Mainline. In 1932, plans for what would eventually become the Baikal-Amur Mainline (BAM) named Tynda as a possible future hub station. A 180-kilometre (110 mi) long rail line, connecting Tynda with BAM station (known as Bamovskaya) near Skovorodino on the Trans-Siberian Railway was constructed between 1933 and 1937, although this was then dismantled during World War II and the rails reused for other projects closer to the front.
The revival of the construction of the BAM as an All-Union Komsomol Project in the early 1970s saw the reconstruction of the rail line between Bamovskaya and Tyndinsky, followed by the construction of the BAM east and west of the town. The settlement and its hub station were placed under the patronage of Komsomol brigades from Moscow, befitting its status as the symbolic capital of the BAM. As its population grew due to the construction, the settlement was granted town status and received its present name on November 14, 1975.